Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Perspective

I'm supposed to be in Chicago for this.

Instead I'm here.

So, while I am here, I have had the opportunity to be shaped or formed or influenced by a few websites.

First - a very poignant and powerful movie (less than 7 minutes). It is well worth your time!! (Here is the link if you would rather watch it full screen).



Also, I have not yet watched or listened to it in it's entirety, but many have recommended Rachel Barkey's talk called, "Death is not dying". She is a wife and mother with terminal cancer.
Here's her website.
And a quote to whet your appetite:
“Cancer does not define me. Neither does being a wife or a mother. All these things are part of who I am but they do not define me. What defines me is my relationship with Jesus.”


Her talk is found here.


And finally, here is a good article on a sermon preached in 1651 entitled, "A believers last day, his best day".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home