Sunday, January 27, 2008

A help to make your Sunday (or anyday) a gospel celebration

I found this quote to be awe inspiring as I consider the love of God for His people:

“If you need proof that God is for you, look no further than the Cross. I cannot imagine what pain the Father must have experienced when he heard Jesus cry out, ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ He forsook his own Son so that we might know him as Father and never be forsaken ourselves. What further demonstration do we need? That bloody form hung there on the Cross to make this eternal proclamation: ‘I AM FOR YOU!’”

- C.J. Mahaney, “This Great Salvation” in This Great Salvation (Gaithersburg, Md.: Sovereign Grace Ministries, 1992), 7-8.


May your Sunday, and everyday, be a day of celebrating, proclaiming, and living out the gospel!

HT: Of First Importance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home