Saturday, January 27, 2007

Quote 06

I have been laboring over Jesus' parable and application in Luke 16:1-13 this week in study for my sermon tomorrow. Perhaps one of the best takes on Jesus' application of verse 9 comes from Kent Hughes:

"One thing is sure: our worldly wealth will go somewhere - we cannot hang on to it. One day our most precious possessions will fit in a hospital drawer. The only wealth that will endure is that which has been invested in others for the sake of Christ and His gospel."

2 Comments:

Blogger MadMup said...

Dave -

Not a direct comment on this entry (though your quote entries are definitely thought-provoking!), but I just wanted to say two things:

1) I had no idea you had a blog and have already hassled Josh W. about keeping it from me.

2) I certainly had no idea you poked your head in around my blog. Thanks for saying hi!

I've heard bits and pieces about you over the years (from Josh and from my mom because her best friend lives in your town (but goes to MM's church)), but I've got you added to my daily list now.

Great to hear from you!

2:04 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Mark - great to hear from YOU! You might consider checking about once a week - I don't do daily entries.... Keep up the good work over at your blog!

2:41 PM, January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home